Mosley family

Jhon, Kim, Caleb and Asher

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sudden Motherhood

Wow, I went from 15 years of adult singlehood to a fulltime mom & housewife in a few short months! Solomon has been here almost 2 weeks, & I love it. This is what I have wanted for hmmm...forever! It is quite a sudden change! I am spending my time trying to figure out what to do with a 9 year old alllll day! He always wants to be doing something. Jhon is having to work until any time between 9-11 at night, so Solomon & I have a lot of time together.
I went from pretty much doing whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted for all those years, with LOTS of alone time, to doing what I need to as a wife & mom with a 9 year old! I love it, but it is a quick adjustment! Now I am planning play dates with my former students & kids in our new ward.
I think pretty much everyone knows about my stomach surgery, so I went from spending maybe 30 bucks at the grocery store. I don't eat much & not at normal times. now I spend soooooooo much on my big boy husband & our growing little guy. Jhon is 6'5" & can eat ( love you babe!). And I think Solomon will be taller than me by 11 years old! He is hungry every five minutes! Plus now I have to actually plan for 3 meals a day for the both of them instead of just picking at random stuff for myself all day.
And I don't even want to start with the laundry!! :)

Our family ward is great. They didn't waste anytime getting us involved. I took a new mom dinner affter a week & a half in the ward. Every one is really friendly. And a roommate I had for a year, who got married last summer, just moved into the ward also.
Jhon received the Mel. Priesthood last night. Was given by our singles ward bishop, & our new bishop assisted, since we stayed in the same stake! I am very proud of my husband. You would never believe it hasn't even been a year since he started learning about the gospel. He has so much faith & desire to do every thing right. He inspires me!
I love his son also. Solomon calls me mom often & at my friend's wedding, he told people there that I am the best. The first day he was here, I asked him if he wanted me to introduce him as my son or my stepson, & he said son. I am just happy to be another person to love him, his mom is amazing. I definitely am not trying to replace her! But I am glad he feels comfortable & knows he has another home & family who are there for him! He has the best smile & stories. He loves wrestling and all things boy! We are going to Adventuredome at Circus Circus this weekend & he has been counting down the days. We love the pool. He will be here until July 7th. I will definitely miss him when he goes back to Sacramento!

So even though the change was fast & is pretty demanding, I love it!

7 comments:

Nycole said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun! I am so excited for you and your new family. So are you still eating random things at random times :)?

Day Family Blog said...

Sounds like you are doing so well. It was surprisingly hard for me to adjust to motherhood and I thought it would be really easy. I am glad you are enjoying your time together and it is so cute that he already wants you to call him your son and he calls you mom. I am so happy for you.

Dansie Family said...

sounds fun. 9 years old sounds like a fun age. way to be a good mom.

Cardalls said...

Way to go Kim! I love my 9 year old boy! Nathan is still in school or else I'd say lets set up a playdate. Our blog is private, but I'd be happy to send you an invitation, send an email to davencher2000 at yahoo.com and I will sent you an invite.

Tim and Shay said...

Thats awesome! I 'm sure you are the coolest mom!

Jena said...

Wow that has to be a big change, but I bet that little boy loves it. Congrats on everything! I'm so HAPPY for you! I love how things just work out when its right.

Jan said...

That's great to hear Kim! I'm sure you're a natural mom and it's not hard for Solomon to love you! Seems like your summer's keeping you busy, to say the least!