Mosley family

Jhon, Kim, Caleb and Asher

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Goodbye Boomer

SOOOO. We are no longer dog owners. Back in June, a customer of Jhon's said she would give us a free pure bred pekingese, with his papers back to all his grandparents. He was worth hundreds of dollars, so we thought why not. And he is stinking adorable!!! And we love Boomer.

Well, I ended up taking classes and not getting home until 7 or 8. And Jhon is working 2 jobs. So poor Boomer had to be thrown in the backyard alone all day, or kept in the kennel for way longer than he should be. And when he came out he wanted to play, and we just didn't have the time to give him all the attention he needed.

He also has a very small bladder and we don't have a doggy door. So if we forgot to take him or put him out, our carpet paid the price.

He slept in his kennel at night, and as soon as he hears me wake up, he starts whining to get out. So while I try to get ready, he is just whining away. I almost lost it one morning, after he had peed the night before and then started whining in the morning. I realized I could not handle the whining every time I get up with the baby and so on.

We just decided now is not the time for us to be still working with a puppy while I am pregnant. We love him, he is cute and fun, but we decided to put him on craigslist and see what happened.

We listed him on Thurs. night. We had 2 very interested ladies by 9:00 am Friday!!! Well, Boomer's new mom, just had a a pekingese who died. She is single, and he will be her companion! When she goes to work, she takes him to her mom's. There he has another dog to play with, a doggy door!, and attention ALL DAY. She is going to spoil him and give him so much attention that we couldn't give him!

When I left him yesterday, I was sad. I had to leave fast, once she decided she wanted him and handed me the check. I couldn't look at him again once I knew I was leaving. I wondered all night if he was going to cry missing us, or be sad. It was really hard. But as I left, I was kind of relieved. No pee, whining, or fur anymore. Does that make me terrible??? That I could just give up my puppy????

We did sell him, so half of the money we got, was put to buying a steam cleaning vacuum to clean up after him!!!!! Jhon spent hours Friday night cleaning our carpet. Unfortunately, we found where Boomer's favorite spot was, and we will have to keep cleaning that one!!!

So no pets for us, for quite some time.

1 comments:

Dansie Family said...

we tried being a dog owner when i was pregnant too. way too hard.