Mosley family

Jhon, Kim, Caleb and Asher

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's a...................

Ok, so it is no secret I wanted a girl. I have 2 stepsons. There are going to be 7 grandsons already and only 3 granddaughters. Maybe it is because in my 10 years of teaching 99% of my challenging students have been boys! And girl stuff is just so cute!!!

Well, Jhon has been sure from day 1 that Peanut is a boy. Today it was confirmed with pretty much certainty, that our Peanut is a boy!! I am happy! I can't say there wasn't a little twinge of disappointment. But it went away fast. I thought of my wonderful nephews and of my friends' cute little guys! I know that the baby Heavenly Father has sent us is the one we are supposed to have right now. And I don't ever want him to think I didn't want him! I know I will love and adore him more than I can comprehend still.

So our guy is already a big guy. I am 18 weeks 4 days and she said he measures at 20 weeks. He is 10 ounces and all the websites say 18 weeks the baby is 7-8 ounces. And they said he is long for 18 weeks also. We got 13 pictures, and they showed us all his parts and told us what they all do. We saw all parts of his brain, and heart chambers. He was moving all over the place!

I was thinking of trying to deliver naturally after some stuff I read, but if our guy is going to be gigantic, I don't know if I can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

More pics and stuff later, including more of our fun with Solomon....

8 comments:

Karissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I only have nephews - no nieces - in my family but I LOVE little boys. You're going to have a blast with your little man! :-)

Dansie Family said...

congrats! it is good to have a big brother first to be the protector of the family.

Jena said...

yeah for a boy!! I'm doing natural, I'll let you know how it goes and I'll give you all the tips!! You totally can do it!! Read the book Hypnobirthing the Mongan Method. It was the best book I have read and my friend did it with no pain! Seriously I'll let you know in June how it goes! HA!

Day Family Blog said...

Congrats! I know how it is to really want a girl, they are so fun, but girls sure are a lot of unwanted drama. I was only a teacher for 2 years and that already gave me a different perception of boys. They sure have a harder time in the classroom don't they. I just have to tell myself that we can raise them differently. Anyway good luck finding names, I think boy names are so hard.

King Family said...

Kim, When you hold your little man in your arms for the first time, you're desire for a little girl will cease. You'll be such a wonderful mother. We are so happy for you both. I've heard that mothers have special bonds with their sons. I think Ammon and I do... Little boys are lots of fun! Plus, you want someone to be there to watch over your little girl someday too.

Courtney said...

Congratulations, Kim! Boys really are wonderful. You will love being a mom to a little boy. I am happy for you.

Burrows: places of retreat; shelter or refuge. said...

Yay for a buddy for Nelson! Look at Nelson's cute Easter suit and you will see how cute boys clothes are, too.

Jan said...

Congrats Kim! Boys are super fun! So excited for you!