Mosley family

Jhon, Kim, Caleb and Asher

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Scary Night

On the way home from tutoring I got rear ended on the freeway. Luckily I was not moving fast, nor was the guy behind me. I don't know what the girl who hit him was doing, but she smashed into him and then he hit me. Luckily, her and I had a Yukon between us. If she had hit me that hard, I would have been calling 911 and having an ambulance take me in.
I was ok and calm until I didn't feel the baby move for awhile. I had been thinking the last few days that I hadn't felt him much. Well, yesterday he happened to be moving all day. I felt little nudges consistently throughout the day. So when it got to over an hour of not feeling him, even after poking where I knew he was I started getting scared. I called my mom, and kind of got hysterical in the car while I was waiting for the highway patrol to do their thing. I just started thinking of what I would do if I lost my little guy. Mom calmed me down. The officer could see I was starting to panic, so he gave me the report number and told me to go. I went to the E.R. After an hour there, hoping not to get swine flu or something else, I asked the girl how long it would be and told her I had not felt my baby for 2 hours now. She told me to go outside and around the corner to the women's center.
They got me right in there, at Labor and Delivery, and we went to the Doppler. I was hoping to get an ultrasound and see him, but she said she couldn't for a bunch of reasons. But hearing the baby's heart beat was the most beautiful sound ever!!!!
He was moving around a lot and his heart beat was 153! Yeah!
Just the thought of losing our boy to some dummy not paying attention on the road made me realize how much I love him already. I really don't want to drive anymore!!!I drive kind of far to tutor every day, but I am canceling for today! Jhon was at work through all of this and I was home alone, so I couldn't sleep until almost midnight. Then he got in bed at 3:30 and then I couldn't go back to sleep. So I am not tutoring! I woke up starving! I never really ate after all the mess last night! I didn't even get home until almost 10, and it happened at 6.
I am just grateful that I didn't get the most of the hit, and that baby is doing fine. I felt him moving when I was trying to go back to sleep at 4, and it was the most wonderful feeling!!!

3 comments:

Pam said...

I am so glad that you and the baby are ok. How scary! I would have been freaking out also. Hopefully you can get some rest for your body and mind.

Day Family Blog said...

How scary! I am glad that everything is ok. it is scary to think how quickly things can change and it is amazing how much you can love someone that you haven't really even met yet.

AMY said...

Oh, that is scary! I'm glad everything was okay.